Unravel more information about your DNA through 23andMe+ Premium Membership!
23andMe+ Premium is a membership that provides exclusive access to personalized Health reports, insights and advanced Ancestry features.
What’s included in the 23andMe+ Premium Membership?
- Get the complete 23andMe experience
- Access new personalized and actionable Health reports that you can share with your healthcare provider to help make more informed health decisions
- Use advanced Ancestry features to help you make deeper connections
Currently, 23andMe+ Premium Membership is only available for select Health + Ancestry Service customers on the current genotyping chip (V5). You can view which chip version was used to process your sample from within your account. The genotyping chip version is listed in the Personal Information section of your Account Settings.
The 23andMe+ Premium Membership Experience
Gain access to reports and tools that are only available with a membership to 23andMe+ Premium. Some of our favorite new reports and features are:
- Pharmacogenetics Reports* including Medication Insights: 23andMe Pharmacogenetics reports can tell you if you have specific DNA variants in three genes that may influence how you process certain medications.
- Exclusive Health reports Powered by 23andMe Research: Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Artery Disease, High Blood Pressure, LDL Cholesterol, Migraine, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and more.
- Get exclusive genetic insights based on pioneering 23andMe research. Rather than looking at a few genetic markers that individually can have a big impact on a person's risk for a condition, these reports, powered by polygenic scores, take into account hundreds or thousands of genetic markers that all have a small impact on likelihood for a condition. When combined together into a polygenic score, they can provide information about someone's genetic likelihood of developing a condition.
- Advanced Ancestry features: Use new filters to better search and find genetic matches, and view up to three times more DNA relatives
New Personalized Health Reports
Pharmacogenetics Reports* including Medication Insights
23andMe+ Premium members will receive access to the new 23andMe Pharmacogenetics reports, which can help you understand if you have specific DNA variants in three genes that may influence how you process several medications. The best time to learn about your pharmacogenetics is before starting a medication, so these reports may be helpful now and in the future and can easily be shared with your healthcare provider.
Exclusive Health Reports Powered by 23andMe Research
23andMe+ Premium members will receive access to new health reports powered by 23andMe Research that focus on heart health: Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Artery Disease, High Blood Pressure, and LDL Cholesterol. Also included in the 23andMe+ Premium Membership are reports on migraine headaches, obstructive sleep apnea, uterine fibroids, and more.
Advanced Ancestry Features
23andMe+ Premium members will also be able to see three times as many matches in their DNA Relatives list, along with advanced filters for DNA Relatives. Available filters include:
- Ancestry Composition: Filter by matches with specific ancestry
- Haplogroup: Filter by matches with a particular maternal or paternal haplogroup
- Last Active: Filter by matches who have logged in to 23andMe within a particular time frame
23andMe+ Premium Membership Activation
New customers can receive the full 23andMe experience by purchasing the 23andMe+ Premium Membership Service. This includes a Health + Ancestry kit with a prepaid year of 23andMe+ Premium membership.
After registering the included Health + Ancestry kit, you must then activate your membership by following the onscreen prompts and entering a valid payment method prior to mailing your sample to our laboratory. This activation will enroll you in auto-renewal of the 23andMe+ Premium Membership. Since your first year of 23andMe+ Premium has already been paid, you will not be charged at the time of activation. After completing activation, you may cancel auto-renewal at any time from your 23andMe account settings.
If you are unable to enter a payment method during this step, please contact Customer Care for further assistance.
Commonly Asked Questions
How much does one 23andMe+ Premium Membership cost and where can I sign up?
If you’re an existing customer on the V5 platform and Health + Ancestry Service, you can purchase a 23andMe+ Premium Membership for C$99/year.
What do I get with 23andMe+ Premium Membership?
- 23andMe Health + Ancestry customers who join 23andMe+ Premium will receive exclusive access to Pharmacogenetics reports, the first of a series of premium health reports launching this year. Pharmacogenetics reports tests for variants in three genes that may influence how you process several common medications, and includes a printable summary to share with healthcare providers.
- Exclusive Health Predisposition reports pertaining to heart health: Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Artery Disease, High Blood Pressure, and LDL Cholesterol
- New Health Predisposition reports on migraine headaches, obstructive sleep apnea, and more
- Advanced genealogy tools including an expanded DNA relatives list, and additional filters to sort DNA relatives by log-in activity, ancestry composition, and more
I am an Ancestry Service customer. Can I get 23andMe+ Premium Membership features?
23andMe+ Premium Membership and member features are not available for Ancestry Service customers. Ancestry Service customers interested in 23andMe+ Premium Membership will need to purchase an upgrade to the Health + Ancestry Service to be eligible for 23andMe+ Premium.
I was genotyped on an old chip. Can I get 23andMe+ Premium Membership features?
23andMe+ Premium Membership and member features are only available to customers genotyped on the V5 chip. Customers genotyped on an old chip will need to purchase a Chip Upgrade to become eligible for a 23andMe+ Premium Membership.
Will I need to provide another saliva sample?
If you have the Health + Ancestry Service and were genotyped on the V5 chip, you will not need to provide another saliva sample to be able to receive 23andMe+ Premium Membership reports and features. However, if you were genotyped on an outdated version of our chip, you will need to purchase a Chip Upgrade (which involves providing a new saliva sample) to become eligible for the 23andMe+ Premium Membership.
Can I cancel my 23andMe+ Premium Membership?
Yes. You may cancel your 23andMe+ Premium Membership at any time. Please note that 23andMe does not pause or pro-rate memberships. 23andMe+ Premium Membership is non-refundable.
If you choose to cancel your membership before the end of your billing cycle, you will retain your 23andMe+ Premium Membership until the end of your billing cycle (your membership expiration date). Once your membership period has ended, you will lose access to the reports and features that were provided to you under 23andMe+ Premium. You will retain the Health + Ancestry Service reports and features that you had access to prior to purchasing the 23andMe+ Premium Membership.
*23andMe PGS Pharmacogenetics reports: The 23andMe test uses qualitative genotyping to detect 6 variants in 3 genes in the genomic DNA of adults from saliva for the purpose of reporting and interpreting information about the processing of certain therapeutics to inform discussions with a healthcare professional. It does not describe if a person will or will not respond to a particular therapeutic and does not describe the association between detected variants and any specific therapeutic. Results should be confirmed by an independent genetic test that is prescribed by your own healthcare professional before taking any medical action. Warning: Test information should not be used to start, stop, or change any course of treatment and does not test for all possible variants that may affect metabolism or protein function. The PGS test is not a substitute for visits to a healthcare professional. Making changes to your current regimen can lead to harmful side effects or reduced intended benefits of your medication, therefore consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medical action. For a complete list of the 6 variants tested, visit Pharmacogenetics Important Test Information.