23andMe kits make great gifts for family members or friends*. Our saliva collection kits offer a convenient method for DNA collection; most people who are able to spit can provide a sufficient sample for our laboratory to analyze.
This article discusses some things to keep in mind when purchasing 23andMe as a gift:
23andMe® offers two service options to choose from:
All services require submitting a saliva sample using our saliva collection kit that will be sent to our lab for analysis.
You should choose the service option that’s right for your gift:
- The Health + Ancestry Service includes all of the reports and features offered in the Ancestry Service plus reports on Carrier Status*, Health Predisposition*, and Wellness. Customers who purchase the Ancestry Service will have the option to add health reports later for an additional fee.
- All service options include features to explore how your DNA connects you to other people. For example, if you choose to participate in the DNA Relatives feature, we can compare your DNA to other 23andMe customers, find your genetic matches, and estimate how closely you are related.
Where to Buy
The 23andMe® Personal Genetic Service can be purchased at:
23andMe Online Store and Amazon.com Considerations
The following details are important to remember when placing your gift order through the 23andMe online store:
Order Email Address and Phone Number
The order confirmation email is sent to the address you provide during the order process, and the phone number is used to contact you in case of shipping problems. Many gift givers choose to enter their own contact information rather than the recipient information if they want the arrival of the kit to be a surprise.
Billing and Shipping Addresses
The online store offers the ability to enter independent billing and shipping addresses (one of each), so you have the option to send the kit(s) directly to the gift recipient if you wish. However, we do not offer the option to enter multiple shipping addresses.
Gift Wrap and Packing Options
At this time, gift wrapping and discreet privacy packaging are not available. 23andMe may offer gift wrap and discreet privacy packaging during promotional periods.
Additional Important Information
- Each individual who wants to participate in 23andMe needs his or her own saliva collection kit.
- Instructions regarding the sample collection process and 23andMe account creation and registration will be included in the kit.
- Return shipping is prepaid, and shipping instructions and materials are also included with the kit.
- The recipient of each kit will need to submit his or her saliva sample by the “Collect by” date printed on the side of the collection tube.
- Kits available for sale through one of our authorized retailers are intended for use within the United States. Individuals must provide a sample and return the collection kit from the same country to which the kit was shipped by 23andMe.
- Saliva collection kits may not be sold or resold, but a kit can be registered by an individual other than the person for whom it was purchased. If the gift recipient does not want to participate, you may request a refund per our refund policy, or you can have another individual use the kit.
How can I ship to multiple addresses?
Shipping to multiple addresses in one order is not currently supported by the 23andMe online store.
Can I purchase a kit using a gift card or pre-paid card?
Yes, a gift card or pre-paid card from Visa, MasterCard, or American Express, can be used in the 23andMe online store. Just make sure that the gift card has enough available funds to cover the total amount of the order (including shipping). If you are using a Visa gift card, you may need to register the card first and set a billing address prior to ordering.
Can I transfer ownership of a kit?
Yes, you can give an unregistered collection kit to someone else. It is during the registration process that a collection tube is connected with a specific person. If the collection tube has been registered, please contact us from the registered email address and we will outline the available options.
What is 23andMe’s refund policy?
23andMe has a 30 day refund policy; the kit must be returned and cannot already be analyzed or in the process of being analyzed by the lab. Be sure to read the full policy.
*The 23andMe PGS test includes health predisposition and carrier status reports. Health predisposition reports include both reports that meet US FDA requirements for genetic health risks and the 23andMe Type 2 Diabetes health predisposition report which is based on 23andMe research and has not been reviewed by the FDA. The test uses qualitative genotyping to detect select clinically relevant variants in the genomic DNA of adults from saliva for the purpose of reporting and interpreting genetic health risks and reporting carrier status. It is not intended to diagnose any disease. Your ethnicity may affect the relevance of each report and how your genetic health risk results are interpreted. Each genetic health risk report describes if a person has variants associated with a higher risk of developing a disease, but does not describe a person’s overall risk of developing the disease. The test is not intended to tell you anything about your current state of health, or to be used to make medical decisions, including whether or not you should take a medication, how much of a medication you should take, or determine any treatment. Our carrier status reports can be used to determine carrier status, but cannot determine if you have two copies of any genetic variant. These carrier reports are not intended to tell you anything about your risk for developing a disease in the future, the health of your fetus, or your newborn child's risk of developing a particular disease later in life. For certain conditions, we provide a single report that includes information on both carrier status and genetic health risk. For important information and limitations regarding each genetic health risk report, visit 23andme.com/test-info/.
**This data has undergone a general quality review however only a subset of markers have been individually validated for accuracy. The data from 23andMe’s Browse Raw Data feature is suitable only for informational use and not for medical, diagnostic or other use. Consult with a healthcare professional before making any major lifestyle changes.