The best way for us to obtain sufficient quantities of DNA for our analysis is through a saliva sample. Saliva samples offer a convenient and non-invasive method for DNA sample collection as compared to hair and blood samples. Cheek swab samples of DNA (as you may have seen on television programs or in movies) do not consistently give sufficient DNA yields for the testing that we conduct.
Articles in this section
- How Accurate Is 23andMe?
- Contact 23andMe Customer Care
- Announcing the 23andMe Ancestry + Traits Service
- How 23andMe Personal Genetic Service Works
- 23andMe DNA Test Kit Service Options
- About the 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service
- About the 23andMe Ancestry + Traits Service
- Receiving 23andMe as a gift
- What health-related information can I learn from 23andMe?
- What Ancestry Information Can I Learn from 23andMe?