The best way for us to obtain sufficient quantities of DNA for our analysis is through a saliva sample. Saliva samples offer a convenient and non-invasive method for DNA sample collection as compared to hair and blood samples. Cheek swab samples of DNA (as you may have seen on television programs or in movies) do not consistently give sufficient DNA yields for the testing that we conduct.
Articles in this section
- Contact 23andMe Customer Care
- How 23andMe Personal Genetic Service Works
- Who Can Use the 23andMe Kit?
- Why Do You Need Saliva Samples?
- What Happens to My DNA Sample at the Lab?
- How Does 23andMe Genotype My DNA?
- Difference Between DNA Genotyping & Sequencing
- How 23andMe Uses Your Self-Reported Sex and Gender