You are able to reset your 23andMe account password by following the instructions below:
- Click the "Forgot your password?" link on the Sign In page, or navigate directly to the password recovery page.
- Enter your account email address and click the Send Reset Email button. A password reset email will be sent to the address you enter. Make sure that you enter the email address associated with your 23andMe account.*
- Look for an email titled "23andMe Password Reset Request" sent from the address firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the instructions included in this message.
- Enter a new password and click Reset; the password needs to be a minimum of 8 characters.
Please note that if your 23andMe account was set up using a third party service (e.g., Google), you will not be able to reset your password through the 23andMe website. If you used Google as the third party service to create or sign into your 23andMe Account, please visit the Google Account Recovery page for assistance in accessing your Google account.
If you do not receive the password reset email, we suggest the following:
- Check your spam and trash folders for emails from email@example.com.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and then go through the password reset steps above.
- Check your email later. There may be a delay in sending or receiving this email. Typically customers will receive the email within a few minutes but in some cases it may take up to 24 hours.
- Make sure that you are checking the email account associated with your 23andMe email address, and make sure that the email address is able to send and receive emails.
*If you do not remember your account email address or no longer have access to it, our Customer Care Team will be able to assist you with updating and accessing your account.